GANESH LAL AGRAWAL COLLEGE

A constituent unit of Nilamber-Pitamber University with excellent faculty
Home | Contact | Sitemap
   06562-240103 (Phone)
   06562-230602 (Fax)

About College

About College
History
       The College was established on 15th August 1954 by late Ganesh Lal Agrawal, a leading businessman and philanthropist of Palamau with valuable support from some intellectuals of the town. It was affiliated to University of Bihar, Muzaffarpur. Captain G.P. Hazari was the founder Principal. Sri J.N. Dixit took the charge from Captain Hazari in 1955 and served the institution up to 1974. The college gained momentum in his tenure. He developed good infrastructure and brought many courses to the college. The foundation stone of college building was laid in August 1956 by the contemporary chief minister of Bihar Dr. Sri Krishna Singh. The degree courses were launched in humanities and social science in the same year of 1956. The degree course in science was launched in 1957. The college shifted to its new building in 1958. In 1960 the college came into the territorial jurisdiction of Ranchi University. The Year 1975 was a landmark year as the college became a constituent unit of Ranchi University. Post Graduate courses were introduced in the year 1983-84. The college became a constituent unit of the newly formed Nilamber-Pitamber University, Medininagar in 2009. At present the college is offering Degree (Hons. & Pass) Courses in almost all subjects of Arts and Sciences and Post-Graduate Courses in fourteen subjects. Vocational Degree Courses in B.Sc.(Computer Application) and B.Sc.(Bio-technology) were introduced in 2007 and the course of B.Ed. started in 2012.